The Public Risk Management Association’s (PRIMA) Outstanding Achievement Award for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) honors a public entity that has effectively implemented an ERM program within its organization.
Criteria for Judging
- Adoption of ERM by upper management
- Risk appetite & tolerance are defined in ERM program
- Stakeholders are clearly identified
- ERM training is provided to staff
- Organizational risks have been identified using a risk register
- Risk owners have been assigned throughout the entire entity
- Risk treatment plans have been established
- Integrated performance measures, for example, early warning signals are used
- Use of an ERM communication plan
- Applicant must be the designated (voting) representative of a PRIMA public entity member.
- Applicant must be a full-time practitioner of risk management.
The winner will receive:
- One complimentary registration to the 2018 Annual Conference held June 3-6, 2018 in Indianapolis;
- Recognition at PRIMA’s Annual Conference Awards Luncheon;
- Recognition in PRIMA publications and website;
- Recognition from peers across the United States and internationally; and
- An engraved gift of recognition bearing the name of the recipient and the date.
The deadline for the 2018 Enterprise Risk Management Award has passed. Check back in the fall for 2019 application details.