- Who do you serve?
- How many members does PRIMA have and who are they?
- Why belong to PRIMA?
- I have a question about one of PRIMA’s offerings. Who do I contact?
- How do I become a writer for Public Risk magazine or a speaker at your conference?
- Does my organization join PRIMA, or can I join as an individual?
- Is my membership renewal due on the anniversary of when I joined PRIMA, or does it coincide with the calendar year?
- If I join PRIMA, does that mean I have also joined my state PRIMA chapter?
- How soon after I join PRIMA will I receive information such as my membership card, Public Risk magazine or e-mails?
- How much does it cost to be a member of PRIMA?
- What are the benefits of PRIMA membership?
- How do I contact PRIMA staff?
- Who serves on the PRIMA board of directors?
- How do I get involved with PRIMA?
Why belong to PRIMA?
PRIMA is the only association in the United States devoted exclusively to public sector risk managers. Members enjoy a wealth of benefits including education and training, peer networking opportunities and the award-winning Public Risk magazine, just to name a few.
How do I become a writer for Public Risk magazine or a speaker at your conference?
Click here to access the frequently asked questions for Public Risk magazine. Click here to learn how to present at PRIMA’s Annual Conference.
Does my organization join PRIMA, or can I join as an individual?
Depending on your membership category, the organization or “entity” joins PRIMA. Click here to view our different membership categories.
If I join PRIMA, does that mean I have also joined my state PRIMA chapter?
No, you must contact your state chapter to join at the local level. Click here to learn more about a PRIMA Chapter near you.
How soon after I join PRIMA will I receive information such as my membership card, magazine or e-mails?
You will receive your membership card within 7-10 business days. Your magazine will be mailed in the upcoming month and you will receive emails immediately. You can also join PRIMA’s listserv, PRIMAtalk, at any time by clicking here.
How much does it cost to be a member of PRIMA?
PRIMA member dues are based on the type of PRIMA membership you purchase—government or affiliate. Dues range from $200 to $700. For a complete list of PRIMA dues and the related categories, click here.
What are the benefits of PRIMA membership?
PRIMA members enjoy a number of benefits, including networking opportunities, professional development, discounts on PRIMA’s Annual Conference and education programs and much more. For a complete listing of member benefits, click here.
How do I contact PRIMA staff?
PRIMA staff can be contacted by dialing 703.528.7701. For a listing of staff direct dial phone numbers and email addresses, click here.
Who serves on the PRIMA board of directors?
PRIMA’s board of directors is made up of public entity risk managers from across the United States. For a complete list of PRIMA’s board members, click here.
How do I get involved with PRIMA?
Getting involved with PRIMA is easy. Simply fill out the PRIMA Call for Volunteers form and submit. A member of PRIMA’s staff will be in touch with you.
<< Return to PRIMA FAQs Main