PRIMA Enterprise Risk Management Training
Day 1: July 19th (12pm – 2pm ET)
Day 2: July 22nd (12pm – 1:30pm ET)
Day 3: July 27th (12pm – 2pm ET)
Day 4: July 29th (12pm – 2pm ET)
PRIMA in collaboration with URMIA, teaches public entities how to strategically manage risks by creating an organizational understanding of risks and interdependencies, using the ISO 31000 standard.
PRIMA's goal is to equip attendees with the knowledge, skills and ability to effectively measure performance, reduce cost, mitigate exposures and exceed organizational goals. Participants engage in hands-on group learning, timely ERM case studies and valuable dialogue with their peers and ERM training instructors. The desired outcome is to establish long-term enterprise-wide resiliency in public entities.
PRIMA's ERM Training is a cohort, not another conference! PRIMA's ERM training never stops, alumni have ongoing access to the members of their cohort and PRIMA's ERM Faculty.
COVID & Litigation Against Public Health Agencies
This presentation will examine the state of such litigation from the defense perspective.
COVID-19 is a severe acute respiratory illness that spreads through direct, indirect or close contact with infected people. Public health agencies found various ways to assess the number of cases, the ability of the healthcare system to respond to cases and the ability to prevent future cases. Simultaneously, the plaintiffs’ bar attempted various ways to stop public health agencies’ efforts, from an injunction based upon an alleged violation of an administrative procedures act to Section 1983 actions alleging violations of the First, Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. This presentation will examine the state of such litigation from the defense perspective.
- Recognize that all rights are subject to reasonable conditions essential to the health and safety of the community
- Evaluate a public health agency’s exercise of its emergency authority during a public health crisis to limit such right using the framework developed in year 1905 by the U.S. Supreme Court
Law Enforcement Liability Issues
This session will provide examples of what has been occurring, how many tort laws are being ignored by juries and what possible recourse municipalities have to protect themselves.
A detailed review on how policing tactics and nuclear jury verdicts are adversely impacting public entities across the country. Between civil unrest and a rise in large settlements, the market is reacting to increased severity and reducing capacity for municipalities. This session will provide examples of what has been occurring, how many tort laws are being ignored by juries and what possible recourse municipalities have to protect themselves.
- Current attitude toward police liability from the insurance market
- Review on how to protect your entity as best you can
- Innovative risk management solutions that are available without breaking your budget
Starting an Enterprise Risk Management Program from Scratch: A Case Study
This session will walk participants through various methods and strategies for implementation, and then tell the story of how Broward College was able to launch their successful program.
Beginning an enterprise risk management (ERM) program from the ground up is a reasonably straight-forward process, but as with any human endeavor can create lessons learned along the way. This session will walk participants through various methods and strategies for implementation, and then tell the story of how Broward College was able to launch their successful program. We will consider the limited resources in any public entity today and how they pulled together multiple disciplines into one cohesive effort, making it a truly enterprise-wide venture to support the institution’s resilience, resource allocation decisions, strengthen stakeholder confidence and embolden innovation.
- Description of various ERM implementation models and strategies
- Show participants how ERM fits within an organization’s governance and how to sell it internally
- Offer a real-world example of how an entity implemented ERM using multi-department collaboration
Exploring the Unique Challenges Faced by Injured Workers
This session will explore the challenges faced by the injured worker and the need for all stakeholders to be aware of it and work together to share information and treat the employee with compassion and empathy.
When a worker is injured in the workplace, that individual faces a number of challenges on the road to recovery, not the least of which is their mental health. Increasingly, employees have been shown to bear the burden of a generally negative view toward injured workers from multiple stakeholders, including providers, employers and claims professionals. This stigma puts the already fragile injured worker in an even worse mental state and includes feelings of guilt, regret and wrong-doing. This session will explore the challenges faced by the injured worker and the need for all stakeholders to be aware of it and work together to share information and treat the employee with compassion and empathy. We will also delve into the need for an empathetic and holistic approach to claims management.
- Realize we all play a part in minimizing the stigma felt by injured workers
- Work toward a solution where we are all part of an injured worker's recovery
- Address the mental and physical well-being of injured workers
Leadership and Motivation
The presentation will utilize extensive video clips to provoke thought and the discussion will leave you with inspirational ideas of how to lead.
What motivates you to lead? How do you inspire others to perform their best? What is the essence of leadership? Take this unique journey of discovery. The presentation will utilize extensive video clips to provoke thought and the discussion will leave you with inspirational ideas of how to lead.
- Attendees will engage in interactive discussion on the keys of effective leadership
- Gain insight into how to engage and motivate ourselves and others
- A different perspective on life’s experience and what it teaches
- Consider a new perspective on the essence of leadership
PRIMA Annual Conference 2022
Check back soon for more information.
PRIMA Annual Conference 2023
Check back soon for more information.