This is the most prestigious award a PRIMA member can receive!
Nominate a colleague or yourself for this award. Nominees must submit an application form and provide information about their risk management programs. The application requires the co-signature of a supervisor/superior. Applications will be judged by a panel of risk management professionals. The 2017 Public Risk Manager of the Year will be evaluated on the basis of achieving success for the candidate’s entity and the entire risk management profession.
Criteria for Judging
In the five years prior to the application deadline, the recipient must have demonstrated superior skill performing public risk management duties in the five areas below. All applications should address these criteria and include specific examples of how the nominee has met them.
- Developed and implemented a successful traditional or enterprise risk management program for a public entity of a public entity pool.
- Used various mechanisms for effective risk financing.
- Developed, implemented and administered loss prevention and loss control programs to mitigate the risk exposures of the entity.
- Coordinated support systems that best served the entity’s risk management goals and needs.
- Served as a mentor and leader to help others develop quality risk management programs.
Please include any additional information that will support your application.
- Applicant must be the designated (voting) representative of a PRIMA public entity member.
- Applicant must be a practitioner of risk management who has worked for the same public entity for at least three years.
- Applicant may nominate himself or herself, or be nominated by someone familiar with his or her work history, such as a supervisor, co-worker or professional peer.
- Provide a letter of support from a person who knows you and knows your work.
The winner will receive:
- Complimentary conference registrations, roundtrip airfare and hotel accommodations provided for the 2017 recipient and his or her supervisor to PRIMA’s Annual Conference, June 4-7, 2017, in Phoenix.
- Recognition at PRIMA’s Annual Conference Awards Luncheon.
- Recognition in PRIMA publications and Web site.
- A short presentation featuring the achievements of the Public Risk Manager of the Year
- Recognition from peers across the United States and internationally.
The deadline for the 2017 awards program has been extended to March 15, 2017!