Building a Peer Support Program
This presentation will explore the importance of a peer support program for firefighters while examining the importance of mental health education.
The presenters will work to reduce the stigma of a holistic approach to firefighter health. An explanation of how a peer support program is organized and utilized will be provided.
- Purpose of a peer support team
- The importance of mental health education
- The need for the reduction of stigma in the fire department
- Mental health resources that can be utilized
Emerging Risk and Insurance
Our communities are a part of a global environment that is dynamically impacted by forces of nature, political climate, employee population, social media, constituency activity and government programming and mandates.
Identifying and measuring emerging risk as part of the totality of our risk financing mechanisms is difficult in the best of times. The insurance that follows may be costly depending upon our exposures and our loss ratios. The discussion will include balancing reality with global economic pressures as you plan your risk management programming for public entities.
- Learn how to identify global economic trends that may impact your risk programming
- Understand how community pressures impact emerging risk
- Capitalize on the relationship with your agent/broker to assist with managing emerging risk
- Differentiate between perceived reality and the paranoia of risk
Occupational Physicals and Employee Wellness – Redirecting Costs
This presentation emphasizes investing in employee wellness and will inform attendees why occupational physicals have a lasting impact on organizational outcomes.
By offering a robust employee wellness and occupational physical program, you can detect health conditions early that save lives and reduce the overall cost of treating medical conditions that would have otherwise gone undetected until the disease has further progressed. If your employees feel like they are being invested in, they will see their workplace as a positive and engaging place to work, which affects overall health, productivity, employee retention and reduction of healthcare costs.
- Occupational health is more than just a checkmark to perform a job
- Relationships and building trust influences the dynamics of organizational well-being
- Investing in the upfront cost of physicals reduces long term serious health condition costs in future